- Control: Private
- Carnegie Classification: Doctorate/Research Universities [RU/VH, RU/H, DRU]
- Institution: 4 Year
- Enrollment: 3,000-9,999
2023 Recognition Categories
- Supervisor/Department Chair Effectiveness
- Faculty & Staff Well-being
What makes your college a great place to work?
President's StatementThe key to Drake University's workplace culture lies in our shared mission: preparing our students for meaningful personal lives, professional accomplishment, and responsible global citizenship. Faculty and staff have the opportunity to change lives every day, while also living full lives themselves. Employees enjoy exceptional benefits, support for work/life balance, and professional development opportunities. Additionally, Drake's location in Des Moines offers an affordable cost of living paired with big-city amenities and activities.
Employee CommentI am very fortunate to work with some amazing people here at Drake. It makes coming to work something to look forward to each day. We work hard, accomplish goals and we also have fun while doing so. It really makes a difference to me and is different from other places that I've worked.
- Full-time Administrators: 51
- Full-time Exempt Professional Staff: 353
- Full-time Faculty: 308
- Full-time Non-exempt Staff: 189
- Full-time Administrators: $141,986
- Full-time Faculty: $92,764
- Full-time Exempt Professional Staff: $61,144
- Full-time Non-exempt Staff: $38,315
Average Annual Salary
- Full-time Faculty: 6%
- Full-time Staff: 16%
Voluntary Turnover Rate
- 4 Years Recognized