- Control: Private
- Carnegie Classification: Master's
- Institution: 4 Year
- Enrollment: < 3,000
2019 Recognition Categories
- Supervisor/Department Chair Relationship
- Teaching Environment (Faculty Only)
- Tenure Clarity & Process (Faculty Only)
What makes your college a great place to work?
Presidential StatementBeing new to this community myself, I have already experienced the uniqueness of the Carson-Newman family firsthand. The professionalism and intentional hospitality have already impressed me. It is easy to see why so many working here have such long tenures. It is filled with people who form a learning community which creates an infectious work environment. I can attest to the fact that this indeed a great place to work.
Employee CommentI appreciate that family time is recognized as being very important. I appreciate the tuition waiver policy for myself and my child. I appreciate my office space and my office staff and how well we all work together and support each other. I appreciate that when we say we are a family, that it really feels like one and working here feels like "home". I appreciate that I have been able to advance my career. I love this place!
- Combined Administration and Exempt Staff: 156
- Fulltime Faculty: 120
- Fulltime Non-Exempt Staff: 82
- Adjunct Count: 124
- Faculty: $53,108
- Administration: $117,000
- Exempt Professional Staff: $37,936
- Non-exempt Staff: $22,413
Average Annual Salary
- Full-time Faculty: 4
- Full-time Staff (excluding Faculty): 5
Voluntary Turnover Rate
- 1 Years Recognized