- Control: Public
- Carnegie Classification: Master's
- Institution: 4 Year
- Enrollment: 3,000-9,999
2019 Recognition Categories
- Supervisor/Department Chair Relationship
- Tenure Clarity & Process (Faculty Only)
What makes your college a great place to work?
Presidential StatementMary Washington is a special place. Not only does it have top-notch faculty and staff who invest their time and talent in students, it is a public university that takes seriously its role to address issues of society and reflect the diversity of the republic. With a holistic approach to learning, UMW is a supportive community of independent thinkers committed to honor, leadership, and service bound together in a common cause: empowering students to change the world.
Employee CommentI think there are excellent students, and that I have wonderful colleagues in both my dept and across campus. I do believe the administration cares deeply about this institution.
- Combined Administration and Exempt Staff: 285
- Fulltime Faculty: 253
- Fulltime Non-Exempt Staff: 169
- Adjunct Count: 128
- Faculty: $74,380
- Administration: $80,741
- Exempt Professional Staff: $48,915
- Non-exempt Staff: $33,059
Average Annual Salary
- Full-time Faculty: 1
- Full-time Staff (excluding Faculty): 13
Voluntary Turnover Rate
- 1 Years Recognized