- Control: Public
- Carnegie Classification: Research
- Institution: 4 Year
- Enrollment: > 10,000
2019 Recognition Categories
- Job Satisfaction
- Teaching Environment (Faculty Only)
- Tenure Clarity & Process (Faculty Only)
- Work/Life Balance
What makes your college a great place to work?
Presidential StatementAcross the University of Washington, our staff and faculty's many different roles and careers are united by a sense of mission and the desire to build a better world through education, discovery, patient care and service to communities near and far. Every day, UW employees find countless ways to deliver on that mission though work that benefits our students and the people of our state and world.
Employee CommentI appreciate how passionate my colleagues are to support students and do amazing work together. It's an exceptionally mission driven place to work.
- Combined Administration and Exempt Staff: 9432
- Fulltime Faculty: 4872
- Fulltime Non-Exempt Staff: 9050
- Adjunct Count: 902
- Faculty: $132,981
- Administration: $230,290
- Exempt Professional Staff: $90,183
- Non-exempt Staff: $60,531
Average Annual Salary
Voluntary Turnover RateN/A
- 6 Years Recognized
- 1 Years of Honor Roll