- Control: Public
- Carnegie Classification: Master's
- Institution: 4 Year
- Enrollment: 3,000-9,999
2019 Recognition Categories
- Confidence in Senior Leadership
- Job Satisfaction
- Supervisor/Department Chair Relationship
What makes your college a great place to work?
Presidential StatementSouthern Utah University is a great place to work because the people who spend their time here are uncommonly united in purpose, supportive of each other, encouraged to be creative, and allowed to fail. The university is growing; student outcomes are rising; legislative support is increasing. And SUU is situated in a friendly, safe, and vibrant community surrounded by the most inspiring landscapes in America (seven national parks all within a 20-minute to 4-hour drive).
Employee CommentThere is a widespread attitude of "let's try something new/innovative" as well as an attitude of "let's get it done". There is also a lot of school pride, both on campus and in the community.
- Combined Administration and Exempt Staff: 332
- Fulltime Faculty: 342
- Fulltime Non-Exempt Staff: 222
- Adjunct Count: 75
- Faculty: $62,305
- Administration: $129,278
- Exempt Professional Staff: $54,398
- Non-exempt Staff: $37,305
Average Annual Salary
- Full-time Faculty: 8
- Full-time Staff (excluding Faculty): 12
Voluntary Turnover Rate
- 1 Years Recognized